an advanced play-by-post realistic wolf roleplay
NORTHOFNOWHERE

[AW] begin my struggle

KASSIAN

Each breath had stung, the tundra air slipped through his throat and left his pipes dry. The beasts frame had grown thin as he was tall and scrawny. But his mind also had grown differently, more deranged more wicked. The beast had bared his teeth up into the air, letting a snap as his teeth collided. A thick string of saliva the only thing that linked himself to the earth. Other's could notice he was shedding his fur, as he looked dirty and rugged. He entered Elsynia once more for selection again, as he this time new he was going to bury those he stood within it. The beast roamed within the terrain letting the cold iced grown burn his paws as he couldn't feel anything, not anymore.

When prey went low and the disease spread throughout, he was smart enough to leave. Like any other mind that lived there, but he knew he was also very stupid to return. To the one place his own species wanted him dead the most. Kassian wanted to face the challenge, head on. It was like there was a bomb ticking in him, waiting to go off at any moment. He couldn't play willing to make allies or even try. The monster was going to always be a monster.

His wounds have healed, but the deal with his one eye didn't bother him anymore. That wound also healed after years of dealing with it. He was a murderer, they can't live up to pain. Kassian can't sink in his head in the pit, there's always more damage to be done. He had tried to feel the idea of caring, like he did once for his sister. But being on his own scorching for food. It left him almost eating his own skin, that was the last thing he needed to be doing, caring. After all where was his sister, if he didn't know before, it seems he didn't care then, like now.

Kassian let his limbs hold his body up to the sky, as the tundra sun beated down on his raven coat as he didn't fit in to his surroundings, he never really fit in anyways.

code by rae - BG

The snow was raw, crisp against calloused paws. It kneaded finely against her, pressing into the earth as silvered dewdrops, translucent in their ambience against the frost. The skies above billowed their radiance upon the stone-cold gales of the tundra, their visage reflected upon the silken surface of snow. The tundra was treacherous, mellifluous winds pulling at the flame-hued fabrics of her tapestry. The air that coursed above the brimming basin was frigid, like the tumultuous torrents of a snowstorm. A suitable place for one indigenous to the graveyard, for their frocks were well seasoned, thick and warm against the pale skin beneath.

Hers was none so “suitable”. For she was a forest-dweller, prodding along with an inferno embedded in her pelt. The curvatures of her rib cage were outlined against her skin, and she barely contained energy to stand. Yet she trekked on.

Perhaps she had sought escape from the past, having been abandoned. . She pondered of the Heilis family instead of her own. Here, she thought she could forget it all, the sense of loss that broiled in her chest – not from losing one, but two homes. Yet the grounds she treaded upon were all too reminiscent of death, broken pieces of cartilage protruding from the landscape.

She hoped to find prey within the turbulent valleys of the north. She had heard once that those of Heilis blood could scale the precipices with ease, years of experience and knowledge at the forefront of their minds. The Tiamats had once borne a flame that incinerated all within its path – but perhaps it was the cold winds of the north that burned most, for they were barbaric in their touch upon her cheek. But there would be no bloodlust to smother the stone – for there was no longer a war to fight. That fire had dissipated with the snows. Perhaps they never stood a chance of winning, after all.

But where were they now?

She should find shelter soon. But then a man cloaked in black appeared before her, as much at the tundra’s mercy as she.

”Who are you?” The beginnings of a growl resonated within her throat, but she quelled them. The winter had made her hard. She had no more trust to place in others.
table x manip ▶▶ claerie. stock ▶▶ Justin Chavanelle & wind princess

KASSIAN

The beast no longer had the intention to hunt, as the growling in the pit of his stomach vanished. He didn't feel a thing, he huffed as the buff of mist appeared before his eyes. The tundra gave off a thin dry cold, leaving his paws to come off rough and busted. With the idea to head south, seeing if the coast had good hunting along the water. At the moment in the game of survival, with the wipe out of prey. He was turning to his own species to savage on. The thought was great, but the selection was very low as many probably perished.

Until that thought disappeared to being questioned. "who are you?" the colors of her coat came together in his mind as he took a moment to respond, as it had been quite a long time before he has heard his own voice. "Not even a hello? quite the dime aren't you?" He scoffed, turning fully to her as the beat down male could see the tension between. A smirk pulled at his lips as he wanted most of all too attack soon as possible. But she looked just as lost in the cold as he was.

He took a glance once more at her appearance as she didn't seem like a tundra wolf. Her coat was far to thin, but who could know, the only reason he looked like one was because he was naturally built underneath. "But to answer yours, i don't give my name- because i'm sure as hell you won't give a shit." He spat, he has only met one other who asked for his name and he have gave, which could simply fuck him over in the long run. A name can lead to a lot more, but the beast was on the low at the moment, regaining his strength to beat down his own.

"Haven't you heard? There is no God."

code by rae - BG

@Evanora

Perhaps a younger, more naïve Evanora would have taken the bait. His words sought to antagonize the girl, so that he may kindle a flame with his own hands. But she had learned that patience was a virtue. Fire when left unchecked would bring ruin to the forest, leaving nothing behind but the ashes of all which once breathed. Though a wolf’s true nature was not so easily altered. Only time would help her endure.

She felt vulnerable against the cold, barren against the frigid snows. She sat, wrapping a flame-touched tail neatly around her paws. Head up, jaw squared, eyes alert. Any insecurity that may have colored her features remained buried in her gut. ”I didn’t come here to-“ she paused upon his approach, audits flickering with her unease. What…what? What muscle she had left became taut, and she rose again to her paws, taking a step or two back.

His eye was missing. Where… where did it go?

An eyeball torn from its socket rolled sluggishly against the earth, bloodied and blackened from wear.

”I said, who are you?”she snapped, the beginnings of a growl resonating in her throat. She could barely contain the wildfire in her breast, blackening her bones and poisoning the air with smoke. Blood beat in veins shielded in alloy, and she became a dragon whose breath pleaded for sweet release. The words converged upon her throat and she complied readily. ”You’re right, I don’t give a damn about your name. Are you this pleasant to every wolf who crosses your path?” Blood’s perfume spiced the air, yet there was no corpse lying in the clearing.

Two pups, their skulls shattered. An eye, torn from her father’s socket.

Confusion muddled her mind and clouded her judgment. Why doesn’t he have an eye? What happened to him? She fought to regain control of her body, of emotions that now ran rampant. Raw cartilage clicked as she grit her jaw. The air. Focus on the cold. ”…I apologize if we have stepped off on the wrong foot. It’s been a difficult winter.”

table x manip ▶▶ claerie. stock ▶▶ Justin Chavanelle & wind princess

@Kassian

KASSIAN

"i said, who are you." he clicked his tongue, the beast blinked eyeing the female of which seemed to be the only one left in it's socket. She looked at him in a way he knew she was questioning. He was quite the nasty creature as now, his scalped head and missing eye. He bared his teeth to avoid the question. "and i said, i don't give my name child, piss off." Then a growl rolled in his throat, to beat down hers. He didn't give a damn the female wanted something, he played the trick of avoiding and keeping what was his.

He felt his blood boil like the devil was rising in his gut. Twisting and turning and fighting to come out. ”you’re right, i don’t give a damn about your name. are you this pleasant to every wolf who crosses your path?" a smirk came onto his face, as he almost gave off a nod of approval. "You're damn right, in the mist of all this- no one deserves my kindness."

Then again, something was picking at his mind. As his eye bore through her like she was glass. Like she was nothing.

”…i apologize if we have stepped off on the wrong foot. it’s been a difficult winter.” He scoffed, the female had gone soft on him. Right now he could grab onto her throat, but his strength had gone raw. "Going soft on me now? I do not apologize for my words. Neither should you." He tilt his head and looked away from her, as the snow had fallen on him covering the beast in white.

He didn't care at all within this moment, the beast has picked someone he wanted to hunt. Someone to question. She didn't seem to have much to ask for anyhow, she seemed just as lost as the monster in front of her.

"Haven't you heard? There is no God."

code by rae - BG

@Evanora