North of Nowhere
an advanced play-by-post realistic wolf roleplay

mountain's mirror

It was cold. It's not like the cream girl wasn't used to such weather, it's not like she hasn't seen such weather. However, she still shivered for an hour or so upon entering this mysterious land until after a while she got used to it. Back at home they had all four seasons and winter's frigid grasp usually loosened after a few months. Nereis only hoped that this land was no different for she wasn't planning on sticking around if it was eternal winter. No way in hell! She bore no hatred for the cold, but she would if she had to stand in it for the following years.
And so the young traveler ventured deeper into this strange kingdom, changing course once she laid her curious blue eyes on a large lake into the distance, faintly hidden by the colossal figures of a pine tree forest. Her approach, however, was not that easy. The hills surrounding the lake proved to be treacherous, the stone hard ground both cold and difficult to traverse. From time to time she thought that she was going to fall and quietly hoped that there was nobody around to see her rolling down the hillside. Half-way through she cursed herself and mainly her body for being so weak. If only I had trained back home. She was far from a fragile damsel, her body had been blessed with slender and strong limbs and she wasn't small. There was potential, but no further work put into developing any additional muscle.
With a final hop from one of the larger rocks the yearling swiftly lands on her feet at the edge of the lake. She emerges from the shadows of the trees, her hungry gaze devouring the expanse of the beautiful lake. The sunny child took a deep breath as the crisp air flooded her lungs and spiraled out with a deeper exhale, disappearing as a fuzzy cloud into the air.
TABLE BY NESLA/NORI
Summer had come and yet this place was still cold enough to make the large female shiver. Her lips curled over her fangs in annoyance, she had always hated the cold and this was further cementing it in for her. Back in her home land there had at least been warmth in the summer, but there was no warmth found here. Velanna wasn't sure why she had decided to come here but something told her that after this trip she would reamin closer to the forest. There was warmth there and there seemed to be a purpose of living there. Here the only purpose seemed to be to force yourself harder to stay alive.

Getting here had been easy enough, but then again she had made the journey to this land. She had spent her youth training so that she wouldn't fail her family when the trials came around. She wasn't built to be the perfect runner or fighter, but she was a nice mixture of the two. For now, she had found a grassy area in the sun to soak in what warmth she could. Mismatched gaze looked over the land. It was pretty, Velanna was at least willing to admit that, but the cold made it not worth it.

It seemed as if her day were about to get much more interesting. As a golden woman emerged Velanna stood, shaking out her coat and lifting her head to her full height. Her brow quirked as she watched the woman who looked to be around her own age approach the edge of the water. “Better watch your step, if you fall in you'll likely freeze." A soft laugh followed her words because Velanna knew there was no way she was going in that chilly water for anyone.

“You seemed to replace your brain with your heart ."
MANIP & TABLE ➤TWISTY

@Nereis

The approach of another was noted, but Nereis decided not to react to it. Darn it, where did this stranger come from all of a sudden? She acted as if she didn't hear the footsteps and continued to stare at the water, extending a paw to touch the ice sheets that were scattered at the lake's edges. Nereis was attempting to avoid conversation but that seemed to be futile. The woman's soft voice rang in the frigid air and Nereis turned around with a slight surprise on her face which was, of course, fake. Her paw halted in the air and she smiled kindly. "I won't," she responded curtly. Would this woman think Nereis was that stupid. I can look after myself, I don't need her help even if I fell inside. It's not like the oddly-colored girl was much older than her. Paw slid across the icy surface and a shiver ran down her spine like a shock-wave.
Her ever-watchful blue eyes noticed the beautiful colors that this female sported, but made no mention of them. "Are you from around here?" There was nothing to do now, a conversation was inevitable. Her heart pounded rapidly within her chest nervously, but she kept on smiling. The sunny girl sat back, neatly placing her front paws beside each other while her tail curled around around her hip.
TABLE BY NESLA/NORI

@Velanna
The other woman's curt tone brought a smile to Velanna's face. It seemed as if her pleasant words of caution had struck a nerve in the golden youth. If she had remained at home she might have chosen to prod that nerve further to see if she could find a weakness but as of now, there was no benefit to finding one. She had no pack to help guide her here so really she didn't care if there was a weakness in this woman. If there wouldn't be a benefit to finding out she wasn't willing to go forth putting in the effort it would need.

Now blue eyes and a smile pointed in her direction as a question reached her ears. Velanna shook her head, her ear twitching as she did so. “No, though the lands I grew up in were cold like this area is." Why anyone would want to stay where it was cold was beyond her, but Velanna was also smart enough to see the advantages of this place. There was protection in the cold and although she didn't want to stay here personally she could understand why those who were too lazy to protect their packs as they should.

Now she properly met blue eyes with her oddly mismatched gaze, her smile still on her lips though it was hard to tell if it was a kind smile or not. Velanna had a way of keeping her expression vague. “What about you? Were you born here or have you come from another land like myself?" So far she hadn't met anyone that was a native to this area. All of her meetings had been with people she had found here from her old home or others who had come to this place searching for something.

“You seemed to replace your brain with your heart ."
MANIP & TABLE ➤TWISTY

@Nereis

Nereis couldn't deny the fact that this woman was beautiful. The crimson markings swirling across the black and white were a captivating sigh. If Nereis had the choice of switching her pelt color her first choice would be red, although perhaps a darker shade. Either way, all red was beautiful. The golden youth had always seen red as a color of power and strength, unlike her pale hues. It wasn't as if she disliked her appearance. A lot of wolves complimented her on her looks and she was considered attractive by the society, but there were still a lot of things she disliked about her appearance. To her, every wolf was unique in their own way. Some were darker, others lighter.. of course, there were those that she disliked appearance-wise too, although she would never say it aloud to them.
Ah, so this stranger was a traveler just like Nereis. It was good to have something in common with the yearling. "Oh, I see.. I'm not very used to this cold myself." She said after a while of debating what to respond. Conversations were difficult to the cream yearling, they never came easy as she was not blessed with a silver tongue or with any considerable skill for socializing. Thankfully, the red woman responded with a smile of her own and Nereis, naively or not, thought of it as a good sign. She sought no friendship or anything of that sort. She only wished to be on good terms with that stranger as long as they were in each others company. "No, I wasn't born here. I arrived only just recently after traveling for a while." It was nice to take a rest from time to time. Not only that but Nereis was aesthetically drawn to these territories. They held mesmerizing beauty, something that the girl was a fan of. "Have you went further ahead? Do you know if it's that cold further ahead?" If nothing else, she could learn something about these lands as long as the stranger knew.
TABLE BY NESLA/NORI

@Velanna