an advanced play-by-post realistic wolf roleplay
NORTHOFNOWHERE

[AW] little lady lost her way

Kita Ynavamn

It was so very pleasurable, to fill her stomach with a meal that would keep her satisfied for some time. Moments like these were ones she took for granted when living her life with her father as she did. Together they depended on each other, she depended on him for everything and she didn't even know it - of course not until he died.

Once she had stuffed her face enough she reclined to her haunches and toppled over onto her back laughing lightly as she landed with a dull thud. Wriggling she settled herself quite snug into the earth. Salmon coloured tongue casually cleaned her bloody muzzle. She would later have to pay more care to her appearance but for now she needed to rest her stomach.

Pale green eyes stared up to the canopy of branches overhead as she relaxed. "Tell me Kayona, do you miss the Tundra where you came from or are you liking the forest?" She spoke lazily, head moving so she could look at the icy woman, "Did you leave your family there?" A personal question, maybe not even one that should have been asked. Kita didn't normally like to prod but she felt so content in this moment, so comfortable and close to Kayona she forgot they only just met. How inappropriate it must seem.

"speaking."

@Kayona

The silver femme blinked away her day dreams and looked toward the outsider. She waited until Kita was slowing before approaching the deer. Kayona was well fed, hunting in the forest different but easier than the tundra. There was more prey here. At least, prey that she could smell. Scent was always hard to catch in blistering North. She ate, chewing her food slowly and only pausing when Kita laughed and started rolling around. Kayona watched, curiously, confusion causing her brows to crease and her head to tilt. "What are you doing?" She asked, unsure as to why Kita felt the need to roll around. There was no time for enjoyment of anything or childish behavior back in her birth pack so whatever this was... was unknown to her.

She licked her lips, feeling satisfied enough to leave the rest for some other creature that needed food. Perhaps Kita could eat some more later, when she was hungry again. But since she did have quite a lot, Kayona didn't know if that would be any time soon. Ears flickered as Kita spoke, her words slurring together. Perhaps she was tired, like a pup that needed a nap after dinner. It wasn't unusual, and Kayona could feel the tugs of slumber as well, but she ignored them, instead focused on cleaning her lips. "The forest is beautiful and warm, unlike the tundra. It's harsh and unforgiving. I'd much rather be here. Besides, all those that I called family are dead, killed in a petty war," She admitted. Her voice dark and for off. Perhaps that was the real reason why she left.

She needed change and she didn't want a reminder that she had nothing and no one. Of course, her father raised her to be able to rely on herself and not others. She was the only one that could provide her own happiness. No one else could do it for her. Which was another reason why she decided to leave. "What about you? Does this place remind you of home or are you looking for something different," She looked at the young girl, at how pretty she was and would have been considered mate material in her old pack if she wasn't an outsider. "Like a family, a pack to call you own?"

"Speaking"

@Kita

Kita Ynavamn

"what are you doing?" Kayona's voice found its way into her sleepy brain through her russet ears. "Don't you just feel like you need a good wiggle after you stuff yourself? Helps move things around in there." Kita explained and continued with what she was doing. Was this a weird thing she did, just her? She remembered her father not mentioning anything - why didn't you prepare me for things like this? Kita laughed to herself, maybe it was a joke he had going on with just himself.

Though she was tired the young woman listened to what Kayona had to say. Kita smiled, she liked the forest too and Kayona had made it seem as though the tundra was a hard place to go and to live life. She didn't want a hard life, she wanted things to be more simple than they had been lately - not more difficult. At the mention of her family dying all at once shocked her. It made her roll to her stomach, gentle green eyes finding Kayona's - why hadn't she said anything before? Well, they had only just met hours ago now. "Sounds like an awful place there." She would let it end there, she didn't want to stir anything more up for her new friend. The only war Kita knew was that between predator and prey - along with a few fights she had seen her father get into. But a fight that wiped out Kayona's entire family? She thought about how much it had hurt to lose her father - her mother hadn't been easy either but she could barely remember her now. It didn't hurt as much.

With Kayona's question the conversation shifted and Kita would"I want a home, a family, I want it all. Maybe I'll someday learn how to help others, you know with plant stuff, it sort of interests me actually." Some days Kita beat herself up over what happened to her dad, wondering whether she could have done something for him if she knew how to tend to wounds. She had known nothing and neither had her father - with it just being just them two there hadn't been much hope and soon it was too late. "Kayona, is it alright that I stay in touch with you if you stick around here - after this? I would really like that. You aren't leaving Elsynia right? I don't know if I can only meet you once and have that be it you know?" Kita hoped Kayona felt the same way - they could be friends if they both stayed in Elsynia and away from settling in the difficult tundra. It wouldn't be that hard, but she wanted to be sure that it was okay. Maybe they would be more like a pack of just the two of them. Kita liked the thought and rolled over onto her side so she was comfortable again.

"speaking."

@Kayona

"Don't you just feel like you need a good wiggle after you stuff yourself? Helps move things around in there." Kayona watched as she continued to roll in the underbrush, getting her already brown and cream pelt, more camouflage. The silver femme shook her head, her mouth slightly ajar as she watched with curiosity... and confusion. "No," she said simply, then wondered if she sounded like she was being too harsh. "Not at all." That behavior would have been acceptable for pups that weren't being trained as soldiers, but not Kayona. Perhaps her sisters, who's only worry in life had been who they were going to be mated to. Perhaps there had been a little jealousy there. Perhaps not. She shoved those thoughts to the back of her mind, like she did every time she thought of the side of her family that housed the most estrogen.

It was strange. The tundra having been her home since birth and not caring for it. She blamed her upbringing, like all things. Perhaps it held a certain beauty when everything was pure white, with the sun glinting off of it and everything falling quiet. It could have been a winter wonderland for some. Providing they weren't caught in a blizzard. She met the girl's eyes when she finally stopped rolling around and turned toward her. "Sounds like an awful place there." Kayona let a small smile grace her features. Features that never really new joy and happiness. "There are still some that love it there. More than I would have thought." Perhaps one day she would be able to go back with a new perspective and enjoy it without bias. That seemed like it would be a long way off into the future.

She listened as Kita spoke about her own hopes and dreams. Kayona briefly wondered if she wanted those things too but knew it wasn't in the near future. She never had that attraction to the opposite sex and pups... she was awkward around them. She was used to orders, to climbing the ranks. Duty. Purpose. Family by pack not by blood. Kita was still so young and the silver femme couldn't understand why she would want all of that so soon. She had her whole life to find a mate and settle down. She should simply be living. Exploring. Finding her niche. Like herbalism. Kayona could see her excelling at that. Especially now with all the foliage clinging to her fur. Silver ears flickered as her name was said.

"Kayona, is it alright that I stay in touch with you if you stick around here - after this? I would really like that. You aren't leaving Elsynia right? I don't know if I can only meet you once and have that be it you know?" Kayona smile again. A soft smile, a rare and genuine smile. Not once in a million years did she think that someone would want to keep in touch with her. She had her own demons that haunted her past and her present. She didn't think that someone would want to stick around after she voiced some of them. Let alone be able to call someone a friend. "Of course you can. I'm not going anywhere. Elsynia is my home, after all."

"Speaking"

@Kita
Do you want to fade it here? They can always pick up a new thread soon. <3

Kita Ynavamn

Today was a good day, and most days she had been lonely and wanting companionship that she could never quite find until arriving here. She was full and grateful for the prey that Kayona and her had caught together, still forgetting to ask whether or not tundra wolves hunted down bears. What else could there be?

Kita wondered about her comment, what kind of wolves would enjoy being cold all the time? But alas, she didn't know anything of the tundra, only of the one winter she had seen months ago when she was younger. When her father still walked this earth. It wasn't too hard to imagine that wolves of different backgrounds that had grown up there all their life would find it desirable. Kayona had a tragedy happen to her so maybe she just didn't want to be around scenery that reminded her of it. Around others even.

"of course you can. i'm not going anywhere. elsynia is my home, after all." Her tail wagged at the answer Kayona gave her, she was happy that she had found a friend here. A good one too, Elsynia was so different and the thought of all the land that surrounded her was daunting enough. Kayona had given her some helpful information that would aid her on her journey. She knew for sure now that she would love to visit the ocean and run along the beaches there - a place she had never been before. "That's great news! I'll be around if you need me too." She spoke, there was comfort in knowing she could reach someone whenever she wanted to and she hoped Kayona would reach out to her too. From what she understood Kayona didn't have anyone else and so they would find comfort in just knowing they were around here somewhere.

--Exit Kita via sitting with Kayona for the afternoon, relaxing--

"speaking."

@Kayona
Yes, good idea! ahah that was a long one but I loved it. Thank you for that<3
Another thread soon for sure! Once Kita ends a couple more they need to meet up and talk again ^^